Ch 10 news reader Charmaine Dragun found dead : General Chat

Ch 10 news reader Charmaine Dragun found dead

Off-topic general chat. Talk about anything here.

Ch 10 news reader Charmaine Dragun found dead

Postby danny09 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:10 pm

Network Ten newsreader Charmaine Dragun has been found dead following an incident at The Gap in Sydney's east.

The incident occurred shortly before 4pm (AEDT) and police have described the woman's death as non-suspicious.

"Police are investigating an incident at Watsons Bay," a police spokesman said.

"Shortly before 4pm (AEDT) a woman, believed to be aged in her 30s, was sitting at Jacob's Ladder."

"Police arrived and located the woman deceased at the scene."

The spokesman said investigations were continuing and a report would be prepared for the coroner.

Police would not confirm the deceased woman was Ms Dragun.

Ten's chief executive officer Grant Blackley tonight said news of Ms Draguns' death had left the network in a state of shock.

"Colleagues and friends of Charmaine Dragun, co-presenter of TEN's Perth News at Five, mourn her tragic passing this afternoon," Mr Blackley said in the condolence statement issued tonight.

"We are all in a state of shock and sadness at this terrible news.

"Charmaine was a highly intelligent, vibrant and caring person, universally liked and admired by her colleagues."

"Our deepest sympathies go to her partner, Simon, and her family.

"We are doing what we can to support them and urge everyone to respect their privacy at this time."

Ms Dragun was 29.

A biography on the webpage of the media agency which represented her states she was born in WA, where she rose up through the ranks of radio and then television.

"Charmaine began her career as a radio journalist. She worked as a reporter and news reader for Perth radio stations 6PR and 96FM," the bio reads.

"After making the move to television, she rose through the ranks at Ten News, covering everything from entertainment, to stories of major, national significance.

"She soon found her niche in court reporting and went on to cover some of the biggest cases WA has seen in recent years."

The bio, on the website of BBC Entertainment, said Ms Dragun was most recently working as a permanent news anchor with also stints hosting Ten's Late News and the 11.30 Bulletins.
Given: 7 thanks
Received: 13 thanks

Postby jowe43 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:53 am

I heard about this early this morning.. its shocking news. :(

She was one of my favourite news readers.
Forum contributor
Given: 15 thanks
Received: 13 thanks

Postby Betelgeuse » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:36 pm

so does anyone know what actually happened?
Respected contributor
Given: 7 thanks
Received: 8 thanks

Postby hippyd » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:27 pm

from what I gather its suicide. How it was done hasnt been said. Maybe she jumped?
Respected Uploader
Given: 447 thanks
Received: 6474 thanks

Postby SKaVeN » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:33 am

According to information now out on certain Internet sites, she had been receiving treatment for medication & had changed her medication just before it happened.
The difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I couldn't care less.
Respected contributor
Given: 8 thanks
Received: 0 thanks

Return to General Chat